Fort Bend Independent School District
** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE **
Lantern Lane Elementary Administrators Make Big Splash over TAKS
FORT BEND ISD - To reward students for achieving improved scores on the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) test, Lantern Lane Elementary School administrators, counselor and campus specialists agreed to get soaked in a dunking booth. Administrators challenged the students in grades 3-6 to pass the TAKS with a score of 80 or higher. The students met the challenge in the “ALL students” group and; so, they were rewarded with the celebratory event, sponsored by the school’s Parent-Teacher-Organization.
Additional grade-level challenge rewards included:
- Third Grade – a teacher and administrator dance-off
- Fourth Grade – Mrs. Lewis doing a back flip and teachers dying their hair funny colors
- Fifth Grade – a pie in the face of teachers and teachers dancing the “Dougie” along the hallways
- Sixth Grade – teachers singing a rap and dancing the “Jerk”
- A PTO sponsored party for 3-6 grade levels
Photo 1: Dr. Yvette Blake, principal, managed to keep her sunny disposition in spite of being dunked.
Photo 2: Tommy Bellard, assistant principal, mentally prepares himself for the chilling waters of the dunking booth.
Photo 3: Shown clockwise (from right) are: Jeni Thompson, 2010 PTO President; Aisha Allison, counselor; and Beth Howell, math specialist.