Fort Bend ISD to host GT Academy Informational Meetings
Meetings to be held November 3, January 25
Fort Bend ISD (October 25, 2016) – Fort Bend ISD’s GT Academy will be hosting an informational meeting for prospective students and their parents to learn more about the academy and the application process, which will begin January 1, 2017. The meetings will be held November 3, 2016 and January 25, 2017 at Quail Valley Middle School (3019 FM 1092, Missouri City, 77459). Both meetings will begin at 6:00 p.m. and will take place in the QVMS Commons area.
Housed at Quail Valley Middle School, the GT Academy provides challenging learning opportunities and a modified learning environment to serve students who have been identified as Gifted and Talented. Application is open to all fifth-grade students who reside in Fort Bend ISD and are currently identified for GT services in Fort Bend ISD. Fifth-grade students who were referred for GT testing this fall should also apply for the GT Academy during the January application window, though their eligibility will not be confirmed until campus selection committees have completed student profiles.
Enrollment will be limited to students who reside within the attendance boundaries of FBISD during the application window. Admission will be offered through a lottery from those who apply and are eligible.
2017-2018 GT Academy Timeline:
- November 3, 2016 – First of two Information Nights for prospective students and their parents (Location: Quail Valley Middle School)
- January 1, 2017 – Online applications open
- January 25, 2017 – Final Information Night for prospective students and their parents (Location: Quail Valley Middle School)
- January 31, 2017 – Online applications close
- March 24, 2017 – Notification letters emailed to students
- April 4, 2017 – Commitment forms due back from accepted students
Please join us on November 3, 2016 or January 25, 2017 to learn more about the Quail Valley Middle School GT Academy and the opportunities it provides.